VancomycinFebruary 21, 2018
Congestive Heart FailureFebruary 24, 2018
behavior and patient
outcomes with our
Sepsis is a common acute medical condition that is
associated with high mortality rates. Improving the
quality of timely medical interventions associated with
severe sepsis and septic shock can improve patient
outcomes. This sepsis analytic clinical program will
provide the necessary data elements clinically
recommended to identify and treat severe sepsis and
The quality improvement analytic program tracks the
times of which medical interventions are performed.
This data will help to identify potential barriers and
trends in treatment plans once Sepsis protocol begins.
The improvement of Sepsis protocol workflows impacts
notable hospital KPI’s such as length of stay,
readmissions, and mortality rates.
- This is among the most expensive DRG in most hospitals
- Highest opportunity to reduce mortality
- Improve length of stay
- Reduce readmission, resulting in cost reductions
- Helps evaluate the 3 and 6 hour bundles
- Improves core measures
- Protocols improvement
Benefits of Fusion Solution include:
- Identifying close outliers from the 3-hour and 6-hour bundles
- Protocols improvement and “What” they are missing
- Slow on fluid
- Overall antibiotic duration tracking and management
Patient Cohort - Acute hospital encounters for patients with severe sepsis, septic shock or sepsis.
Step 1: Assess
- Collaboratively set goals and objectives to deliver required outcomes for finalization for the program.
- Identify and assess criteria for calculating a Return on Investment for the program.
Step 2: Examine and analyze approximately 80 data points
- Workflows analysis for data points include – emergency department, clinical documentation, flowsheets, Best Practice Alerts, Medication Administrations, Navigators, Smart forms, ADT
- Identify discrete data points to examine for data inconsistencies.
- Optimize the workflow for process improvement based on Best Practices.
- Define the necessary documentation standards to reduce data inconsistencies.
- Order sets and groups to provide for the right care at the right time.
Step 3: Orchestrate, Blend & Synthesize
- Coordinate EHR optimization to help Physicians, Specialists, Care Providers and Care Mangers.
- Enable & organize to unlock the current data infrastructure based on data elements to implement a governed approach to analytics based on established project/program objectives and goals
Step 4: Optimize (user behavior analytics from above icon group)
- Help validate the workflows and train end users during the acceptance and transitory phase to help drive adoption.
- Suggest and recommend further refinement, if needed, based on specific organizational needs.
Step 5: Adopt
- Provide Visualizations from extended data analytics infrastructure to help sponsors and committees drive the outcome objectives and goals.
- Provide analytics for Clinical Efficiency teams to help derive the most value from adherence to shared baseline protocols (clinical guidelines for acute or chronic disease management), if applicable
Return On Investment from Fusion Solution
- 27% reduction in mortality rate
- 25% reduction in readmissions
- 16- hour reduction in critical care length of
- 14.6% improvement in antibiotic
administration in first 3 hours
- 14.8% improvement in timely lactate
- Reduction in average time to each important