Congestive Heart FailureFebruary 24, 2018
POKE-RFebruary 25, 2018
Blood Utilization Solution assess an organization’s blood products ordering and administration by using your current EHR platform. Our solution has proven to reduce cost of over-ordering blood products, lower risk of hospital acquired infections, reduce readmissions and length of stay.
As hospitals work to balance this mismatch of supply and demand, blood utilization review is paramount. Part of the challenge is providing actionable information to support minimizing the use of blood components and promoting transfusions of the right component at the right time to the right patient.
Fusion's solution is able to optimize appropriate blood products utilization across your organization based on orders, scans, results, labs and clinical documentation. This leads to improvement in clinical efficacy, reduced hospital acquired infections, cost and length of stay.
Leverage and unlock your pre-existing infrastructure (tools & resources) as well as your current EHR platform(s)
- Assess patient labs, vital signs, and clinical documentation
- Evaluate current workflow process and improvement opportunities
- Examine historical blood product usage from orders, bar code scans and results
- Estimate cost savings
- Identify clinical appropriateness and opportunities for performance improvement
- Targeted and actionable analytics
- Adopt improvement program & measure progress
Benefits of Fusion Solution include:
- Ensuring order appropriateness and not just limiting it to EHR features
Patient Cohort - – Patients with a primary care provider in the health system or members of a patient cohort such as specific benefit plan eligibility lists.
Step 1: Assess
- Collaboratively set goals and objectives to deliver required outcomes for finalization for the program.
- Identify and assess criteria for calculating a Return on Investment for the program.
Step 2: Examine and analyze approximately 50 data points
- Workflows analysis for data points include – clinical documentation, flowsheets, Best Practice Alerts, Medication Administrations, Navigators, Smart forms, ADT
- Identify discrete data points to examine for data inconsistencies.
- Optimize the workflow for process improvement based on Best Practices.
- Define the necessary documentation standards to reduce data inconsistencies.
- Order sets and groups to provide for the right care at the right time.
Step 3: Orchestrate, Blend & Synthesize
- Coordinate EHR optimization to help Physicians, Specialists, Care Providers and Care Mangers.
- Enable & organize to unlock the current data infrastructure based on data elements to implement a governed approach to analytics based on established project/program objectives and goals
Step 4: Optimize (user behavior analytics from above icon group)
- Help validate the workflows and train end users during the acceptance and transitory phase to help drive adoption.
- Suggest and recommend further refinement, if needed, based on specific organizational needs.
Step 5: Adopt
- Provide Visualizations from extended data analytics infrastructure to help sponsors and committees drive the outcome objectives and goals.
- Provide analytics for Clinical Efficiency teams to help derive the most value from adherence to shared baseline protocols (clinical guidelines for acute or chronic disease management), if applicable
Return On Investment from Fusion Solution
- $3.3M Annual cost savings
- 46% Reduction in blood units administered without medical necessity
- 23% Reduction in blood units administered annually