Adult SepsisFebruary 23, 2018
Blood UtilizationFebruary 25, 2018
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Solution
CHF is a common chronic medical condition that is associated with complications and high mortality rates. Improving the quality of timely medical interventions associated with CHF exacerbation can improve patient outcomes. This CHF analytic clinical program will provide the necessary data elements clinically recommended to treat CHF exacerbation.
- The program tracks the times of which medical interventions are performed
- This data will help to identify potential barriers and trends in treatment plans once CHF exacerbation treatment begins
- The improvement of CHF exacerbation treatment workflows impacts notable hospital KPI’s such as length of stay, readmissions, and mortality rates
- Improved weight management, line management, ambulation, and fluid management
Benefits of Fusion Solution include:
- Time to Diuertic and BNP are key metrics
- Echos, Urine analysis etc. helps reducing cost
- Daily weight management in an acute setting helps manage the disease better
- Follow-up before discharge within 7 days helps lowering readmission's
Patient Cohort - Acute hospital encounters for patients with congestive heart failure.
Step 1: Assess
- Collaboratively set goals and objectives to deliver required outcomes for finalization for the program.
- Identify and assess criteria for calculating a Return on Investment for the program.
Step 2: Examine and analyze approximately 70 relevant data points
- Workflows analysis for data points include – clinical documentation, flowsheets, Best Practice Alerts, Medication Administrations, Navigators, Smart forms, ADT
- Identify discrete data points to examine for data inconsistencies.
- Optimize the workflow for process improvement based on Best Practices.
- Define the necessary documentation standards to reduce data inconsistencies.
- Order sets and groups to provide for the right care at the right time.
Step 3: Orchestrate, Blend & Synthesize
- Coordinate EHR optimization to help Physicians, Specialists, Care Providers and Care Mangers.
- Enable & organize to unlock the current data infrastructure based on data elements to implement a governed approach to analytics based on established project/program objectives and goals
Step 4: Optimize (user behavior analytics from above icon group)
- Help validate the workflows and train end users during the acceptance and transitory phase to help drive adoption.
- Suggest and recommend further refinement, if needed, based on specific organizational needs.
Step 5: Adopt
- Provide Visualizations from extended data analytics infrastructure to help sponsors and committees drive the outcome objectives and goals.
- Provide analytics for Clinical Efficiency teams to help derive the most value from adherence to shared baseline protocols (clinical guidelines for acute or chronic disease management), if applicable
Return On Investment from Fusion Solution
- 60.0% reduction in mortality
- 56-minute reduction in median BNP turnaround
- 0.18-day reduction in length of stay
- 267% increase in order set utilization
- 2-hour reduction in time from door to diuretic
- 73% increase in daily weight documentation
- 22% increase in follow-up appointments