Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary DiseaseFebruary 8, 2018
Patient MovementFebruary 10, 2018
Improving Operational and Clinical Efficiency in the Emergency Department helps manage the Hospital and System effectively.
Standard ED Efficiency Tracks
- Time and Throughput metrics
- Patient movement
- Staff scheduling
- Imaging efficiency
- Improving ED Length of Stay
- Effective patient movement improves clinical outcomes for key diseases
Benefits of Fusion Solution include:
- Helps improve scheduling and patient movement
- Reducing Boarder Time
- Not just reporting the metrics but “What” is holding up the efficiency
- Last Lab draw etc.
- Acuity based workflows to help share with Urgent Care
Return On Investment from Fusion Solution
55% improvement in Door to Doctor
Patient Cohort - All ED visits. Can include urgent care if desired.
Step 1: Assess
- Collaboratively set goals and objectives to deliver required outcomes for finalization for the program.
- Identify and assess criteria for calculating a Return on Investment for the program.
Step 2: Examine and analyze over 200 specific data points
- Workflows analysis for data points include – emergency department, clinical documentation, flowsheets, Best Practice Alerts, Medication Administrations, Navigators, Smart forms, ADT
- Identify discrete data points to examine for data inconsistencies.
- Optimize the workflow for process improvement based on Best Practices.
- Define the necessary documentation standards to reduce data inconsistencies.
- Order sets and groups to provide for the right care at the right time.
Step 3: Orchestrate, Blend & Synthesize
- Coordinate EHR optimization to help Physicians, Specialists, Care Providers and Care Mangers.
- Enable & organize to unlock the current data infrastructure based on data elements to implement a governed approach to analytics based on established project/program objectives and goals
Step 4: Optimize (user behavior analytics from above icon group)
- Help validate the workflows and train end users during the acceptance and transitory phase to help drive adoption.
- Suggest and recommend further refinement, if needed, based on specific organizational needs.
Step 5: Adopt
- Provide Visualizations from extended data analytics infrastructure to help sponsors and committees drive the outcome objectives and goals.
- Provide analytics for Clinical Efficiency teams to help derive the most value from adherence to shared baseline protocols (clinical guidelines for acute or chronic disease management), if applicable