Critical CareJanuary 22, 2018
Ambulatory QualityFebruary 2, 2018
Enhanced Recovery After Surgery program helps:
- Reduce median length of stay
- Occurrence of infections
- Readmission rates reduction
- Improvement on following clinical pathways intra-operative and post-operatively for Colorectal surgery patients.
- Monitoring intra-operative and post-operative care for Colorectal surgery patients including clinical guidelines for fluid volume management, appropriate use of opioids for pain management, antibiotic administration, dietary enhancement, and early patient mobilization.
Benefits of Fusion Solution include:
- Based on recommendations from Clinical Nutritional guidelines study
- Similar to the Duke Medicine implementation
Patient Cohort - All inpatients and outpatients who have a surgery performed and billed, for whichever surgeries they wish to target specifically by phase e.g. colon.
Step 1: Assess
- Collaboratively set goals and objectives to deliver required outcomes for finalization for the program.
- Identify and assess criteria for calculating a Return on Investment for the program.
Step 2: Examine and analyze relevant data points
- Workflows analysis for the relevant data points include – clinical documentation, flowsheets, Best Practice Alerts, Medication Administrations, Navigators, Smart forms, ADT
- Identify discrete data points to examine for data inconsistencies.
- Optimize the workflow for process improvement based on Best Practices.
- Define the necessary documentation standards to reduce data inconsistencies.
- Order sets and groups to provide for the right care at the right time.
Step 3: Orchestrate, Blend & Synthesize
- Coordinate EHR optimization to help Physicians, Specialists, Care Providers and Care Mangers.
- Enable & organize to unlock the current data infrastructure based on data elements to implement a governed approach to analytics based on established project/program objectives and goals
Step 4: Optimize (user behavior analytics from above icon group)
- Help validate the workflows and train end users during the acceptance and transitory phase to help drive adoption.
- Suggest and recommend further refinement, if needed, based on specific organizational needs.
Step 5: Adopt
- Provide Visualizations from extended data analytics infrastructure to help sponsors and committees drive the outcome objectives and goals.
- Provide analytics for Clinical Efficiency teams to help derive the most value from adherence to shared baseline protocols (clinical guidelines for acute or chronic disease management), if applicable