CostFebruary 3, 2018
Operating Room EfficiencyFebruary 7, 2018
The Fusion Lines, Drains & Airway Solution helps clinical leadership quickly evaluate and address data documented in the electronic medical record for patients with lines and drains in place.
This solution captures duration, volume and care of lines and drains amongst other key metrics. The Fusion Lines, Drains & Airway Solution includes:
Analytics for all patients in the hospital to help manage care better
Analysis on volume of each line and drain
Duration each line or drain is in place
Analysis of documented nursing care for central lines and urinary catheters
Analysis of any of these metrics by location and unit
Analytics on potential impact on overall length of hospital stay and mortality
Benefits of the Fusion Lines, Drains and Airways Solution Include:
- Analytics on central lines and urinary catheters in the hospital across all service lines
- Provides clinicians and healthcare leadership with analytical tools and reports to substantiate or change processes and workflows
- Customized visualizations designed to provide an efficient overview of the clinical data
Patient Cohort - All encounters where the patient who has a central line or foley catheter placed.
Step 1: Assess
- Collaboratively set goals and objectives to deliver required outcomes for finalization for the program.
- Identify and assess criteria for calculating a Return on Investment for the program.
Step 2: Examine and analyze relevant data points
- Workflows analysis for data points include – clinical documentation, flowsheets, Best Practice Alerts, Medication Administrations, Navigators, Smart forms, ADT
- Identify discrete data points to examine for data inconsistencies.
- Optimize the workflow for process improvement based on Best Practices.
- Define the necessary documentation standards to reduce data inconsistencies.
- Order sets and groups to provide for the right care at the right time.
Step 3: Orchestrate, Blend & Synthesize
- Coordinate EHR optimization to help Physicians, Specialists, Care Providers and Care Mangers.
- Enable & organize to unlock the current data infrastructure based on data elements to implement a governed approach to analytics based on established project/program objectives and goals
Step 4: Optimize (user behavior analytics from above icon group)
- Help validate the workflows and train end users during the acceptance and transitory phase to help drive adoption.
- Suggest and recommend further refinement, if needed, based on specific organizational needs.
Step 5: Adopt
- Provide Visualizations from extended data analytics infrastructure to help sponsors and committees drive the outcome objectives and goals.
- Provide analytics for Clinical Efficiency teams to help derive the most value from adherence to shared baseline protocols (clinical guidelines for acute or chronic disease management), if applicable