Emergency Department EfficiencyFebruary 9, 2018
Talent ManagementFebruary 16, 2018
Improving patient flow and maximizing utilization through the hospital system to ensure optimal patient flow helping improve patient satisfaction, reducing cost and ensuring quality of care.
Fusion's House and Bed Management efficiency includes:
- Movement Efficiency - Provides insight into patient movement during a given hospital encounter. Determines times spent in each department, service, unit, and bed.
- Boarder Time Reduction - Identifies opportunities to reduce patient boarder time between transfers or admissions from the Emergency Department or Operating Room.
- Medical Equipment Issue - Details the delay in discharge when the patient is waiting on medical equipment issuance.
- Consults - Impact on consult orders with patient movement.
- Transport - Impact on transport requested to transport completed times on patient movement and bed management.
- Discharge Options
- Allocation and possibly, prediction
- Improving Length of Stay
There are many benefits of the patient movement solution, the most valuable being insight into bottle necks with the admission, transfer, and discharging practices in your hospital. Other benefits include:
- Reducing time to get to ICU or OR also results in better clinical efficacy
- Including the ability to validate OR and PACU
- Reduction in patient boarder times
- Insight into staffing decisions
- Discharge Delay reason
- Reduction in discharge order to actual patient discharge
- ED to Go Home Movement
Patient Cohort - All hospital beds and any encounter which touches those beds.
Step 1: Assess
- Collaboratively set goals and objectives to deliver required outcomes for finalization for the program.
- Identify and assess criteria for calculating a Return on Investment for the program.
Step 2: Examine and analyze approximately 75 data points
- Workflows analysis for data points include – ADT, Navigator, Environment data, Isolation information
- Identify discrete data points to examine for data inconsistencies.
- Optimize the workflow for process improvement based on Best Practices.
- Define the necessary documentation standards to reduce data inconsistencies.
- Order sets and groups to provide for the right care at the right time.
Step 3: Orchestrate, Blend & Synthesize
- Coordinate EHR optimization to help Physicians, Specialists, Care Providers and Care Mangers.
- Enable & organize to unlock the current data infrastructure based on data elements to implement a governed approach to analytics based on established project/program objectives and goals
Step 4: Optimize (user behavior analytics from above icon group)
- Help validate the workflows and train end users during the acceptance and transitory phase to help drive adoption.
- Suggest and recommend further refinement, if needed, based on specific organizational needs.
Step 5: Adopt
- Provide Visualizations from extended data analytics infrastructure to help sponsors and committees drive the outcome objectives and goals.
- Provide analytics for Clinical Efficiency teams to help derive the most value from adherence to shared baseline protocols (clinical guidelines for acute or chronic disease management), if applicable