Critical CareJanuary 22, 2018
“Why” readmission and what are the common reasons for readmission
- Readmission reason and Length of Stay impact
- Statistical data for outpatient surgery
- Study causes and most frequent reasons for readmissions
- Analyze readmissions by service and treatment and DRG and diagnosis
- Drill down into details
- 7-30-90 days readmission evaluation
- CMS exclusions applied
- Non-CMS custom exclusions also applied
- Across all service lines and the Health System for consolidated analytics
- Align Clinical Programs and Focus to Health Systems for improvement
Benefits of Fusion Solution include:
- Readmission reasons and impact
- Statistical data for readmissions for outpatient surgery
Patient Cohort - All inpatient admissions where the patient is discharged alive, not to another hospital and not with a planned readmission.
Step 1: Assess
- Collaboratively set goals and objectives to deliver required outcomes for finalization for the program.
- Identify and assess criteria for calculating a Return on Investment for the program.
Step 2: Examine and analyze relevant data points
- Workflows analysis for the relevant data points include – clinical documentation, flowsheets, Best Practice Alerts, Medication Administrations, Navigators, Smart forms, ADT
- Identify discrete data points to examine for data inconsistencies.
- Optimize the workflow for process improvement based on Best Practices.
- Define the necessary documentation standards to reduce data inconsistencies.
- Order sets and groups to provide for the right care at the right time.
Step 3: Orchestrate, Blend & Synthesize
- Coordinate EHR optimization to help Physicians, Specialists, Care Providers and Care Mangers.
- Enable & organize to unlock the current data infrastructure based on data elements to implement a governed approach to analytics based on established project/program objectives and goals
Step 4: Optimize (user behavior analytics from above icon group)
- Help validate the workflows and train end users during the acceptance and transitory phase to help drive adoption.
- Suggest and recommend further refinement, if needed, based on specific organizational needs.
Step 5: Adopt
- Provide Visualizations from extended data analytics infrastructure to help sponsors and committees drive the outcome objectives and goals.
- Provide analytics for Clinical Efficiency teams to help derive the most value from adherence to shared baseline protocols (clinical guidelines for acute or chronic disease management), if applicable