Talent ManagementFebruary 16, 2018
Provider UtilizationFebruary 21, 2018
Ventilator management metrics allow critical care clinical leadership to implement new workflows and or policies and procedures that will lead to fewer instances of mechanical ventilation, timely extubations, reduced ventilator days, and faster assessments of ventilator weaning readiness.
Metrics include the following:
Calculated mechanical ventilation minutes based from critical care business rules.
Planned vs Inadvertent extubations
Assessments for ventilator weaning readiness
Compliance of Ventilator Bundle performance
Benefits of Fusion Ventilator Management Solution include:
- Insight into mechanical ventilation days.
- Improvement in extubation practices.
- Reduced mechanical ventilation days.
- Improved clinical quality practices and protocols.
- Managing re-intubation cases.
Patient Cohort - All encounters where the patient receives mechanical ventilation.
Step 1: Assess
- Collaboratively set goals and objectives to deliver required outcomes for finalization for the program.
- Identify and assess criteria for calculating a Return on Investment for the program.
Step 2: Examine and analyze approximately 40 data points inclusive of reitubation
- Workflows analysis for data points include – clinical documentation, flowsheets, Best Practice Alerts, Medication Administrations, Navigators, Smart forms, ADT
- Identify discrete data points to examine for data inconsistencies.
- Optimize the workflow for process improvement based on Best Practices.
- Define the necessary documentation standards to reduce data inconsistencies.
- Order sets and groups to provide for the right care at the right time.
Step 3: Orchestrate, Blend & Synthesize
- Coordinate EHR optimization to help Physicians, Specialists, Care Providers and Care Mangers.
- Enable & organize to unlock the current data infrastructure based on data elements to implement a governed approach to analytics based on established project/program objectives and goals
Step 4: Optimize (user behavior analytics from above icon group)
- Help validate the workflows and train end users during the acceptance and transitory phase to help drive adoption.
- Suggest and recommend further refinement, if needed, based on specific organizational needs.
Step 5: Adopt
- Provide Visualizations from extended data analytics infrastructure to help sponsors and committees drive the outcome objectives and goals.
- Provide analytics for Clinical Efficiency teams to help derive the most value from adherence to shared baseline protocols (clinical guidelines for acute or chronic disease management), if applicable